Mercy-USA for Aid and Development is looking for a Regional Development Representative. Applicants should be enthusiastic individuals who are impassioned by humanitarian relief. This part-time independent contract assignment can be easily executed alongside other responsibilities and the compensation is a competitive monthly stipend.
Job Description: Mercy-USA for Aid and Development is seeking a Regional Development Representative tasked with developing community and donor relationships. The Regional Development Representative is an independent contractor who will assist with facilitating regional programming related to public relations and fundraising. The ultimate objective of the Regional Development Representative is to build awareness of Mercy-USA’s work and garner donor participation and contributions in Florida, with primary focus on Tampa, Spring Hill and Orlando.
- Monitor community activities and identify networking, community/donor relations or sponsorship opportunities.
- Facilitate at least one community/donor relations activity per month. Please see examples of activities below.
- Operate a Mercy-USA sponsored booth at a local event.
- Schedule and deliver presentations to local organizations and community members.
- Host an informational booth outside of a major mosque during Jummah.
- Recruit and engage volunteers in quarterly charitable activities and relief efforts when needed.
- Re-post all Mercy-USA content on social media outlets.
- Attend brief weekly teleconference meetings with Development Coordinator.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports summarizing outreach efforts.
- Assist in promotion and ticket sales for annual dinner
- Note: Increased compensation during event month.
- Associates degree or equivalent is required.
- Experience in fundraising, event planning and organizing grassroots campaigns.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and group management.
- Proficient in social media, online and gorilla marketing strategies.
- Exceptional public speaking skills and experience presenting to a diverse audience.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to develop and initiate creative marketing development strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have own means of transportation, (mileage will be compensated).
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Only applicants asked to interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.