MERCY-USA IS SEEKING an Accounting Assistant
- The Accounting Assistant is responsible to prepare, develop and analyze accounting information in the Mercy-USA headquarters in Plymouth, Michigan.
- He/She will provide high quality support service to managers and executives in the organization.
- The Accounting Assistant will report directly to the CFO.
- Perform accounting functions to support daily operations of Mercy-USA.
- Assist with the production of monthly and quarterly management reports to senior management;
- Analyze variances and explore potential problems with line managers;
- Assist in the preparation of cash flow statements and income and expenditure accounts;
- Maintain accurate and complete bank records and perform monthly bank reconciliations;
- Provide financial support for all departments;
- Set up and maintain reporting systems where appropriate on QuickBooks and Excel;
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Knowledge
- General accounting skills
- Good computer skills
- Good organizational and management information development skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to design and develop spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
- Able to write reports in Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software
- Complete work in an accurate and timely manner
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision
- Effective time manager
- Conscientious with good attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Willing to learn new skills
- Works well in a team
Education and Qualifications
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting.
- Accounting/Bookkeeping work experience is a plus
Salary and Benefits
Excellent benefits include competitive salary, (commensurate with experience), health insurance, vision and dental reimbursement, life and disability insurance, 401K plan and generous leave policy.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Only applicants asked to interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.