Regional Development Representative Wanted–Detroit, MI
Job Description: Mercy-USA for Aid and Development is seeking a Regional Development Representative tasked with developing community and donor relationships. The Regional Development Representative is an independent contractor who will assist with facilitating regional programming related to public relations and fundraising. The ultimate objective of the Regional Development Representative is to build awareness of Mercy-USA’s work and garner donor participation and contributions in Michigan, with primary focus on the greater Detroit area.
- Monitor community activities and identify networking, community/donor relations or sponsorship opportunities.
- Facilitate community/donor relations activities. Please see examples of activities below.
- Operate a Mercy-USA sponsored booth at a local event.
- Schedule and deliver presentations to local organizations and community members.
- Host an informational booth outside of a major mosque during Jummah.
- Recruit and engage volunteers in quarterly charitable activities.
- Recruit and engage participants in quarterly crowdfunding programs.
- Re-post all Mercy-USA content on social media outlets.
- Attend brief weekly meetings with Development Coordinator.
- Prepare and submit monthly brief reports summarizing outreach efforts.
- Associates degree or equivalent is required.
- Experience in fundraising, event planning and organizing grassroots campaigns.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and group management.
- Proficient in social media, online and gorilla marketing strategies.
- Exceptional public speaking skills and experience presenting to a diverse audience.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to develop and initiate creative marketing development strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have own means of transportation, (mileage will be compensated).
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls