National Community Development Manager
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Public Affairs, the National Community Development Manager (NCDM) will be responsible for building relationships with target communities around the United States to increase brand recognition of Mercy-USA for Aid and Development’s work and mission thus paving the way for new fundraising opportunities. The NCDM will promote Mercy-USA’s vision of building bridges in target communities through acts of philanthropic goodwill and leadership, as well as creating innovative fundraising events and activities in the target communities.
- Establish relationships with influencers within target communities in strategic geographical regions.
- Establish regular visibility for Mercy-USA through fundraising events and participation and support of community activities and events.
- Identify high potential communities and hire part-time contractor positions to maintain visibility with active grassroots participation.
- Plan and execute efficient and effective travel to target communities for the purposes of establishing better donor relationships and fundraising activities.
- Initiate innovative and high visibility events (fundraising and/or volunteer activities) in at least three new communities per year.
- Provide accountability and documentation of work performed.
- Build and maintain contact database of community influencers around the country.
- Perform regular follow-up with influencers
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A certificate in Fundraising Management is an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience and strong relationships with American Muslim community
- Experience with interfaith partnerships
- Knowledge of special events planning and management
Proficiency in the use of computer for:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Word processing
- Internet research
The National Community Development Manager should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to engage communities to support the fundraising and brand recognition of the organization
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Strong public speaking, writing and listening skills and experience.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Organize: Strong organizational skills, set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problems.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus
- Interest in international development and/or previous experience in similar organizations to Mercy-USA is a plus
- Passion for Mercy-USA’s mission
- 3 to 5 years of grassroots fundraising and community engagement experience
- The National Community Development Manager (NCDM) is required to regularly travel domestically (up to 50% of the time).
- The NCDM will work a minimum of 40 hours per week including travel and weekends.
- The NCDM, when not traveling, works in an office environment at the organization’s headquarters in Plymouth, Michigan.
Excellent benefits, including competitive salary, health and other insurance, 401K plan and generous leave policy are more reasons that qualified candidates will want to work with our dedicated and professional team.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.