Social Media Coordinator
Mercy-USA for Aid and Development is dedicated to alleviating human suffering and supporting individuals and their communities in their efforts to become more self-sufficient. Incorporated in the State of Michigan in 1988, Mercy-USA’s projects focus on: improving health, nutrition and access to safe water as well as promoting economic and educational growth around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Public Affairs, the Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for daily management of and content creation for Mercy-USA’s social media accounts in order to facilitate broader visibility and brand recognition for the organization. Remote work possible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and expand Mercy-USA’s social reach across all platforms
- Create and maintain a social media calendar and strategy
- Create daily content for social media
- Enhance and improve existing branding standard for Mercy-USA’s social media
- Curate content from Mercy-USA’s field library and coordinate with communications teams in country offices.
- Management of existing social media to respond to current events and/or Mercy-USA projects, volunteer efforts, fundraising and events, as well as visibility and branding efforts on behalf of the organization
- Coordinate social media content to align with current fundraising campaigns
- Stay apprised of current events in the humanitarian space as well as trends as they exist on social media and align Mercy-USA content to best advantage.
- Expand Mercy-USA’s presence on emerging platforms such as TikTok and other platforms.
- Analyze and evaluate Mercy-USA’s performance on all social media platforms.
- Minimum Associates of Arts degree in relevant field of study
- Certificate in Social Media Marketing helpful
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong writing skills
- Photo & video editing
- Proven experience as a social media influencer or coordinator
- Experience and strong relationship with the American Muslim community
Proficiency in the use of computer for:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite-Bridge, Photoshop, InDesign
- Video Editing software such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Rush or Pro
- Facebook/Instagram Creative Studio
- Remote work possible–must be eligible to work in the United States
- Non-standard work-day may be required
- Evenings and weekends may be required depending on current events or planned events
Excellent benefits, including competitive salary, health and other insurance, 401K plan and generous leave policy are more reasons that qualified candidates will want to work with our dedicated and professional team. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Interview will include mock assignment to demonstrate skills.
No phone calls please.