Mercy-USA Campus Ambassador
(Independent Contractor – Southeast Michigan)
Reporting to the Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator (VCEC), Campus Ambassadors will represent Mercy-USA for Aid and Development at all times on their college campus and in the local community.
CA’s will also assist Mercy-USA locally by registering volunteers and helping with local program implementation or nearby fundraising events as a way of maintaining existing and forging new relationships within the community at large.
– Campus Ambassadors primarily work independently on campus and in the surrounding community.
– The minimum time commitment for this independent contractor position is 16-24 hours per week with at least two pre-scheduled days per month in our Plymouth, MI office.
– Campus Ambassadors may be asked to work pre-scheduled evenings and weekends for events when needed.
CA Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Meet and collaborate with other Campus Ambassadors in your geographical zone to develop and coordinate youth focused campaigns and initiatives in support of Mercy-USA.
– Establish regular tabling (at least semi-monthly) with the help of volunteers during campus or community events.
– Build awareness for ongoing Mercy-USA campaigns and fundraising initiatives or events on campus and in the community at all times through different means–tabling, social media posts, attending campus events, etc.
– Recruit and manage a team of local volunteers with the help of the VCEC and the domestic Programs team.
– Propose and establish at least one event per semester or in the community in partnership with student organizations or local community centers (community service events, fundraising activities, or similar)
– Regular reporting to the Domestic Programs Department regarding all completed and ongoing activities
– Occasionally help out during pre-scheduled Mercy-USA events such as fundraisers, events on other campuses, or development and relief projects throughout the year.
– High School diploma or equivalent.
– Current or planned enrollment in a local university, community college, or similar institution.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
– Proficiency in the use of computer and mobile technology for: communication, word processing, spreadsheets, and internet research.
– Social media or content creation experience is a major plus
– Knowledge of special events planning and management is a plus.
All independent contractors working with Mercy-USA are expected to embody the following personal characteristics:
– Ethical: Candidates must be honest, follow ethical business practices and ensure that their behavior aligns with the values of the organization.
– Outgoing: Candidates must be willing to conduct outreach and establish positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
– Communicative: Candidates must be able to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
– Team Player: Candidates should be ready to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
– Leadership: Candidates should be able to respectfully influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
– Organized: Candidates for this position must be able to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
– Problem Solver: Candidates should be ready to identify and assess problems, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problems.
– Passion and drive: Candidates should have a real interest in community service and a passion for Mercy-USA’s mission.
– Volunteering or any other form of relevant employment or community service experience preferred (but not required).
– Membership or involvement with student organizations on campus is a major plus.
– Previous experience in similar organizations to Mercy-USA is a plus!
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This opportunity is currently open to candidates in SE Michigan.
Not in the area? Please keep your eyes open for similar openings in your area!
Mercy-USA strives to be supportive and accommodating with opportunities for growth and learning.
Independent contractors must file and pay their own self-employment taxes. Independent contractors working with Mercy-USA will receive an IRS 1099 Form at the end of the fiscal year.
No phone calls please.